Jacquie Marquez | Branding
For this project, Jacquie needed to create a social media channel on YouTube to shows healthy food videos. We needed to enhance her identity and to create a name for her social networking.
Starting her career in the telenovela industry, Jacquie Marquez became a familiar face in the entertainment business and more recently expanded her career into the kitchen, as a chef.
Jacquie would later go on to open her own catering company based in Miami called “Food Smarter” which specializes in eating intelligently. Following the launch of her catering company, she combined her culinary perspective with her on-camera skills to participate in ABC’s program The Chew on their search for the Weight Watchers Chef. After a nationwide search of thousands of chefs, six remained with Jacquie being one of them. In addition to domestic programming, Jacquie has appeared in international programs like Telemundo’s Un Nuevo Día and Univision’s Despierta America.
With the expected 2016 launch of her YouTube channel, Es Por Ti, which primarily focuses on baby nutrition and empowering new moms, she is poised to take the next step in her life and career.
• Come up with a name and logotype.
• Creating a brand identity package to reflect her personality.
• Bringing together all of her social media channels so that there is cohesiveness with her logotype and brand colors.
• Creating a storyboard to shows her videos, then to increase engagements with her followers.
• Creating a YouTube channel with a targeted audience of Hispanics and Americans.
• I Set-up a photo shoot at Jacquie’s home to serve as a diary of moments and activities in her life on a daily basis as you can see the photo shoots below.
• I combined her social media channels and branded them under the name “Jacquie Marquez”
This project shows the challenge to introduce Jacquie as a healthy food chef on her social media networking. I wrote the table of contents to build her branding. So, we decided on this occasion was to design, produce a brand identity and a storyboard for her YouTube channel. First, we created an identity to reflect her personality, then, we set-up a photo shoot at the chef’s home to capture her daily life activities as a concept.
Table of contents:
• Welcome to Jacquie Marquez
• BIO Jacquie Marquez
• Our values and personality
• Wordmark – principle
b. Letterform Mark
• Heart – principle
a. Vertical version
b. Landscape version
c. Background photo versions
• Color – specification
• Logotype – application
• Jacquie – The person
• Jacquie – The Brand
• Look and feel
Agency: GMG Advertising
Advertiser: Jacquie Marquez
Category: Personal Brand Identity / Brand Guidelines
CEO: Mike Beovides
Senior Account Manager: Jennifer Rangel
Concept Art Director: Marco Zuniga
Art Director: Marco Zuniga
Graphic Designer: Marco Zuniga
Photography: Ines Ayra